Simple Tips For Your Everyday Life
Simple Tips for National Simplicity Day.
Tomorrow, July 12, is National Simplicity Day, and we’ve never been happier. In a world where it feels like everyone’s constantly moving a mile a minute, it’s important to know when to take a step back, take a breath, and get yourself back on track, and this is where National Simplicity Day comes in. For some reason many of us have this notion in our heads that everything has to be hard, and this often means we’re constantly overwhelmed and aren’t getting the rest we deserve. The truth is, there’s a simple solution for almost everything. Whether you need some more happiness in your life, would like to form better relationships with those around you, or you’d like to work on your overall health and wellbeing, there are simple steps you can take in order to make those things come true, and we know just how to do it. So, in honor of National Simplicity Day, here are some Simple Tips For Your Everyday Life.
Tips for Being Happy
- Wake up each morning thankful for all the positive things in your life. Keep a list in a journal of things that make you happy and things you’re grateful for in life. Reflect on it each morning, and add onto it each night.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. Everyone makes mistakes and no one is perfect. Don’t dwell on the negative things you may have done or said because either way, you can’t change the past.
- Be present. Slow down. Live in the moment and stop worrying about that embarrassing thing you said last week or the huge work presentation you have next month. Worrying about your past and your future prevents you from fully living in and enjoying the present.
- Do what you want, not what others want. Not feeling up to the dinner date you promised your friend last week? Then don’t go. Cancelling plans last minute isn’t something you should do often, but if you’re really not feeling up to plans it’s okay to skip out on them. If it’s what makes you happy, then so be it.
Tips for Being Successful
- Don’t compare yourself to others. More often than not you only see others at their best, so don’t feel bad about yourself if you don’t seem as successful as someone else.
- Make your journey a fun one. Sure, you have to be serious when it comes to work and success, but all work and no play may leave a heavy emotional weight on your shoulders, so try to see the fun in everything as often as possible.
- Don’t rely on others. Of course it’s fine to ask someone for help if you need it, but you should never expect others to do all the work for you. You have the power to get things done yourself, and it’ll feel much more rewarding doing things on your own anyway.
- Be committed. As long as you love what you’re doing and are committed to it, being successful will be a breeze. Make sure what you’re doing is something you really want, and then don’t be afraid to give it your all.
Tips for Relaxation
- Separate your work life from your personal life. Even if you had a bad day at work, try your best to leave any negative vibes in the office at the end of the day.
- Know how to connect with your inner being. Setting aside some time each day for meditation will work wonders not only on your mind, but on your body as well. Allow yourself the time to gather your thoughts and clear your head each day so you don’t go into overload.
- Give yourself a mental health day if you need it. Let’s face it – we work hard and sometimes we simply just need a day to sit in our pajamas, eat a tub of ice cream, and not have to deal with any of our responsibilities. It’s perfectly okay to call out of work every once in a while if you need to, just don’t let it become a habit.
- Make lavender your best friend. Lavender is known as a calming and relaxing herb and has frequently been used for insomnia, anxiety, depression, and natural stress relief. Grab yourself a lavender candle that you can light when you need to relax, or purchase some lavender essential oil and wear it as a perfume for easy all-day stress relief.
Tips for Maintaining Happy & Healthy Relationships
- Remember the little things someone tells you. Is your friend’s birthday coming up? Does your sister have an important job interview? Keep note of these dates so you can reach out to them to show you care when the time comes.
- Do more than just text the people you care about. Have some extra time in your day? Sit down and call your mom or your friend or your brother instead of just shooting them an impersonal text. Take this one step further and write a handwritten letter to someone you haven’t spoken to or seen in a while. Calls and letters are much more personal than a simple text message.
- Know when you should agree to disagree. You’re not going to always have the same exact opinion as someone else, and that’s okay. Instead of arguing, tell that person you understand how they feel, but that you simply disagree. Letting them know you understand their point of view even if it’s not particularly one you agree with will prevent arguments and protect your relationship.
- Lend a helping hand when someone needs it. Things constantly pop up in our lives, and you wouldn’t feel too great if you needed a hand and no one was there to give you one. Always let the people around you know you’re there if they need you.
Tips for Being Healthy
- Make water your best friend! Water is more important than you’ll ever know, and the daily recommended volume of water intake is more than the 8 glasses we’re used to hearing about. If you get bored with drinking plain water all day long, try some yummy fruit-infused waters, this way you’ll be getting in water AND fruit.
- Do some type of physical activity each day. Even if you’re not big on the gym, there are simple ways to get in some physical activity each day such as choosing to walk to the store instead of drive. Even the smallest amount of activity is better than nothing, and it will absolutely benefit you in the future.
- Switch up your diet. It’s no secret that diets heavy in fats and sugar are not good for you, but that’s not all there is to it. Plant-based diets are more popular than ever before because the numerous health benefits that come along with it are becoming more well known. Cutting out meat and dairy whenever possible will not only make you feel much better physically, but will work wonders on the inside as well.
- Think healthy thoughts. A healthy mind is just as important as a healthy body, so it’s important to be aware of the thoughts that you’re allowing to swarm around in your mind. The power of attraction is a real thing, and if you think hard enough about something it may very well turn up in your life, so always be sure your thoughts are positive and happy.