Healthier Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas
Make this Thanksgiving a healthy one!
Healthy eating is important for anyone leading an active lifestyle! It is, after all, how you fuel and nourish your body! If you haven’t started your healthy eating routine yet, don’t let the upcoming holiday get in your way or delay you any further! In fact, this Thanksgiving can be your chance to try some out some new, healthier recipes. Healthy does not have to mean boring or flavorless.
We know that Thanksgiving can be overwhelming, especially if you’re cooking for multiple people. But, the holidays and cooking should be enjoyable, so reduce stress by making them more simple and fun! Try to plan out your dishes ahead of time and stock up on your ingredients early, so that you are not out looking for a missing component the night before! Another great tip, though it may sound impossible, is to practice portion control. By starting with the right ingredients and eating reasonable proportions, you’ll feel much more relaxed and satisfied – with the whole experience and with how you feel – after the meal is done.
Everyone knows a thanksgiving meal is a hearty one, but hearty can still be healthy. These 10 delicious alternatives will give you the satisfaction you’re searching for, but without any guilt! Whether it is an appetizer or a side dish, your guests will never know you’re serving lighter options!
1. 25 Calorie Cheesy Cauliflower Biscuits – Pure Wow
2. Melon Mozzarella Prosciutto Skewers – Daily Burn
3. Vegan Creamed Corn – Greatist
4. Roasted Delicata Squash with Quinoa Salad – Food and Wine
5. Butternut Squash-Rice Casserole – She Knows
6. High Protein Green Bean & Mushroom Stroganoff – Chocolate Covered Katie
7. Easy Roasted Vegetables – Martha Stewart
8. Low Sodium, Apricot, Mustard Glazed Roast Turkey – Hacking Salt
9. Healthy Mashed Potato Recipe – Cleverly Inspired
10. The Ultimate Healthy Pumpkin Pie – Amy’s Healthy Baking