Creating a Vision Board
Looking for a way to better visualize your dreams and goals?
Every once in a while we all need a push in the right direction; a spark of inspiration to get us where we need to be. We may occasionally find ourselves stuck in a funk and we’re not quite sure how to pull ourselves out of it. It’s important to remember how powerful the mind is though, and that what we’re feeding it each and every day greatly affects the outcome of the situations we find ourselves in. Only until you make it a point to constantly surround yourself with positive words, people, and feelings will you realize how seldom you’ll begin to find yourself feeling down. Creating a Vision Board is a perfect way to ensure you’re being faced with positivity each day, as it’s a way for you to set goals and dream out loud in a tangible way. Not only is it a fun process creating a Vision Board, but seeing it hanging on your wall each day will provide you with the push you need to make sure you’re working towards your goals each and every day.
- Glue Stick or Push Pins
- Poster Board or Cork Board
- Embellishments of Your Choice (Optional)
HOW TO CREATE IT
Creating a Vision Board is simple, and the main reason for this is because there’s no right or wrong way to do it! All that matters is that your Vision Board represents who you are as a person, as well as displaying your inner desires and goals you have set for yourself. Simply flip through some magazines and cut out anything that catches your eye – words, phrases, pictures, colors, shapes – anything! You can create a theme for your Vision Board, such as a look into your future dream home, or a display of every place you’d like to travel to, or you can just make a general one filled with inspirational words and quotes along with images you find appealing. You can choose to glue what you’ve cut out onto a piece of poster board, or if you don’t want to commit to a certain style and layout, opt for a cork board and attach what you’ve cut out using push pins, this way you can switch things around whenever you like. Whichever route you choose to take, just make sure it appeals to you! Get creative and have fun!
THE FINISHED PRODUCT
Inspirational quotes to incorporate into your Vision Board, or just to get you through your day!
- “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” –Mark Twain
- “The mind is everything. What you think you become.” –Buddha
- “Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.” –Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” –Henry David Thoreau
- “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” –George Addair