Budget-Friendly Fashion Staples: Under $30.00
Are you looking to give your wardrobe a makeover, but you don’t want to break the bank? Being on a budget can make shopping stressful, but just because you are looking to save some money does not mean that you should have to sacrifice your style! The key to a budget-friendly wardrobe makeover is—–versatility! You can multiply your outfit options by introducing a few staple pieces into your clothing collection. Staple pieces are classic fashion pieces that are timeless and never go out of season! A well-fitted blazer, can be worn to the office or serve as a stylish way to update your favorite pair of jeans for weekend wear. With all of these fashion finds retailing at under $30.00 apiece, you can maximize your closet without draining your bank account!
The Pencil Skirt:
A well-fitted pencil skirt is a classic staple piece that should be in every fashion-savvy closet. A dark traditional color like black or navy is perfect for the office. Planning on attending an after work Happy Hour? – These skirts transition effortlessly from day to night. Pair with a printed blouse for a sexy-sophisticated vibe perfect for your next date night, or pair with a trendy cropped top for a fun-loving edge.
- H&M: Pencil Skirt in Black $24.95
- Kohl’s: 212 Collection Printed Pencil Skirt in Indigo Stripe $24.00
- H&M: Pencil Skirt in Dark Blue $24.95
- Forever 21: Classic Pencil Skirt in Black $11.80
The Chameleon Dress:
A chameleon dress is one that you can wear during the workday and then out on the town later that evening. These classic cuts can be dressed up or down and make for great additions to any closet. To add a fun flair to your otherwise boring office attire go for a pattern! Small prints in classic colors will add interest without overpowering your outfit. To complete the look – pair with a cardigan and tights for the office and experiment with accessories such as cardigans, belts, or fun flats for an adorable weekend-ready look.
- Old Navy: Women’s Cross-Front Jersey Dress (Navy Blue Print) $29.94
- H&M: Draped Dress in Petrol $29.95
- JCPenny: R&K Originals Belted Printed Colorblock Dress $19.99
- Target: Merona Women’s Ponte Dress in Black $27.99
Cardigans are underrated. These fitted sweaters are a great and easy way to dress up any casual ensemble. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different colors and fun patterns to change up your look. The lightweight nature of these sweaters makes them easy to tote and perfect for late summer nights or those freezing air-conditioned restaurants!
- Old Navy: Lightweight Cardi in Just Blue It $19.94
- Target: Plus-Size 3/4-Sleeve V-Neck Cardigan Sweater in Sour Cream/Skyline Gray $24.99
- Old Navy: Lightweight Cardi in Soy Latte $19.94
- H&M: Fine knight Cardi in Teal $14.95
The secret to looking stylish in a pant is to make sure it fits properly! A well fitting pant will keep you looking chic and sophisticated, but an ill-fitting pant is far from flattering or fashionable. Printed pants are a great way to mix up your monochromatic wardrobe, but pair with a solid-colored top for a clean modern look.
- Old Navy: The Pixie Skinny-Ankle Pant in Jack Black $25.00
- H&M: Suit Pant in Dark Blue $24.95
- Target: Merona Tailored Ankle Pant Classic Fit $27.99
- JCPenny: Worthington Pintucked Pant in Forest Night $14.99
Blazers are an outerwear must-have that will instantly add a vibe of cool-sophistication. Show off your inner edginess and pair with your favorite jean for weekend wearability. For the office, stick to fail-proof and timeless colors like navy, grey, and black to maximize matching potential. Whether you are wearing a pencil skirt, a pant, a dress, or jeans – you simply can’t go wrong with a blazer.
- H&M: Fitted Blazer in Powder Beige $24.95
- Kohl’s: Sag Harbor Solid Jacket Petite in Heather Grey 21.60
- Kohl’s: LC Lauren Conrad Ponte Blazer in Black $21.00
- Forever 21: Classic Cuffed Blazer in Taupe $27.80
To makeover your wardrobe without breaking the bank, add these classic staple pieces and watch your outfit options multiply. The secret to maximizing your number of looks is to be creative! Don’t be afraid to mix and match your casual and professional clothing. Pair a pencil skirt with your favorite blouse and finish it off with a cardigan or a blazer, then after hours swap the pencil skirt for your favorite skinny jeans and you’re ready for a night out. The possibilities are endless and with each item priced at less than $30.00, it will be hard not to buy them all!
We want to hear from you!
What are your Favorite Budget-Friendly Stores?
Money-Saving Fashion Secrets?
Let us know in the comments below!