How to Maintain a Balanced Lifestyle on a Busy Schedule
Are you’re constantly on the go? Do you have a hard time getting to the gym or deciding what to eat? These TRUE model tips will help you organize and balance your lifestyle, keeping you healthy and fit.
Be Proactive and Plan Ahead
- Set reminders for your workouts.
- Pick out your workout clothes the night before.
- Leave motivating and positive notes to self.
- Plan your meals ahead of time.
- Make a grocery list full of healthy foods and stick to your list.
- Grocery shop on a full stomach you’ll be less likely to impulse buy.
- Focus on buying whole foods and hard to eat foods, such as artichokes.
- Avoid fried, breaded, or ready to eat pre-packaged meals.
- Try to get at least 30 minutes of exercise a day, even if it’s just a brisk walk.
- Aim for breaking a decent sweat at least 3X a week.
- Don’t take the easy route, opt for stairs or park our car further away and walk when possible.
- When cleaning around the house, dance! Or, find workouts you enjoy doing to prevent boredom.
- Drink at least 16 ounces of water per meal.
- Consume more juicy fruits and vegetables.
- Moisturize and protect your skin and lips regularly.
- Try not to over-consume caffeine or sodium, which will dehydrate you.
- Do not practice overly restrictive dieting, obsessive calorie counting, or weigh-ins.
- Don’t over do it in the gym, injuries will only set you back.
- Take your time eating and eat meals regularly – don’t skip or binge eat.
- Keeping your routine steady and balanced will help you to maintain your metabolism and maximize your efficacy.
- Sleep helps you maintain a regular appetite and eating schedule.
- Sleep will enable your muscles to recovery and help you to maximize your workouts.
- A lack of sleep can cause hormones to become unbalanced.
- People who sleep less are 30% more likely to be obese than those who sleep 9+ hours.
- Don’t forget to acknowledge your progress and reward results – you’ve earned it!