How to Spring Ahead: Relaxation Edition
Some of our favorite ways to clear your mind and get some much needed relaxation.
Our lives have become so focused on getting things done and getting them done fast. We highly value an unwavering work ethic and some of us don’t know what to do with ourselves if we’re not moving a mile a minute. While being constantly active can make us feel connected and productive both at work and in our social lives, it also means we never really clock out and give our brain a rest. Chronic overwork can have negative affects on your body, health, and overall happiness such as impairing your sleep, damaging your heart, and leading to the formation of bad habits. In addition to this, all work with no play can burn you out, and though you may still be getting stuff done, it may not be getting done to the best of your ability. A clear, healthy, rested mind is vital for effective production, so it’s always important to treat yourself to some well deserved relaxation. Here’s How to Spring Ahead: Relaxation Edition, so you can get some much needed rest before the days start getting longer.
25 WAYS TO RELAX
- Color an adult coloring book. Focusing on the small details can ease your mind.
- Have an at-home spa day. Soak in a bubble bath, play soothing music, and diffuse essential oils.
- Do yoga followed by a 10-minute meditation.
- Take a walk through nature or in a park.
- Cuddle in bed in your PJ’s and watch a movie. Bring along your favorite snack or candy.
- Light a candle and read a book.
- Splurge a little bit and go to a local day spa.
- Save some money and get just a massage rather than an entire spa package.
- Take slow, deep breaths and try out other breathing exercises.
- Write in a journal or on a blog.
- Drink herbal tea.
- Go somewhere that does acupuncture and give it a try.
- Squeeze a stress ball.
- Spend some time doing stretches for your whole body.
- Try aromatherapy. Start with lavender essential oil.
- Watch a documentary.
- Cuddle with a furry friend.
- Take a long, hot shower.
- Turn off your phone for a few hours.
- Create a vision board.
- Take a nap.
- Go to your favorite coffee shop, order your favorite drink, and fully enjoy your coffee while sitting down and people watching.
- Spend some time outside cloud watching and listening to the chirping birds.
- Order takeout and watch your favorite series on Netflix.
- Enjoy a few glasses of your favorite bottle of wine.
OUR FAVORITE RELAXATION SIDEKICKS
Relax Your Bod
For Your Own Pleasure