How to Travel like a Model
Despite what it may look like outside your window, Spring Break season is upon us! For those who are lucky enough to escape to paradise, we have the perfect travel tips to keep you stylish, comfortable, and refreshed.
Prior to leaving:
- Place a dryer sheet at the bottom of your suitcase – this will keep your clothes smelling fresh as you travel.
- Roll, rather than fold, your clothing. This will give you a lot of extra space for additional clothing or for all the souvenirs you wish to bring back!
- Mark your suitcase “fragile.” Airport staff will likely load your luggage on top of others, which may mean your luggage will be among the first to arrive at the baggage claim!
- If you plan on getting a Mani or Pedi prior to the trip, opt for a natural shade. This may seem like crazy advice for a tropical getaway, but the last thing you will want to see in your pictures is chipped polish, so choose a color that is on the subtle side.
Day of Travel:
- Traveling can take a toll on your skin, especially if you are flying – so, make sure to moisturize! Keep makeup to a minimum and opt for a tinted moisturizer, rather than foundation, to keep your skin hydrated and refreshed looking.
- Similarly, you should choose a tinted chapstick or moisturizing lip balm instead of a lipstick or lip stain, which will dehydrate your lips over time.
- Pack a travel size hand sanitizer and try not to touch your face, both will help combat germs and prevent breakouts.
- Worried about an annoying neighbor? Pack a sleeping mask and bring earplugs or headphones to keep awkward conversations at bay, and enjoy a little quiet time.
What to Wear:
- Keep it simple; an elaborate outfit may be time-consuming and problematic when trying to get through security. Dresses are a great option for achieving a chic look that is comfortable too!
- Don’t wear high heels, opting for comfort rather than height is essential when traveling and may come in handy if you have to rush across an airport to reach a connecting flight!
- Dress in light, loose layers. This will allow you to easily adapt to whatever your traveling environment may be, and it is the perfect solution when traveling from a cold to hot climate!
- Upgrade any low-key look by accessorizing with a pop of color. A bright purse or lip color will tie your “understated-yet-stylish” look together perfectly.
Here are 5 Celebs who have Traveling in Style Down: