Easy, DIY Pumpkin Face Mask
It’s autumn which means you can find pumpkins almost anywhere. They’re in your lattes, in your dessert, and lining the stoops of all the houses in your neighborhood. But we’ll bet you that they aren’t in your beauty routine, and we’re here to tell you that they should be! Most people don’t realize it, but pumpkins have numerous benefits for your skin, and giving you a clear and glowing complexion is just one of them. It shouldn’t be hard to find some sort of pumpkin skin product in the drugstore, but why even bother looking? Chances are they’re pretty pricey and filled with chemicals that you definitely don’t want on your skin, and besides, it’s super easy to make your own DIY face mask! We found a recipe that’s super simple to make, costs little to no money, and smells (and tastes) completely delicious. This Easy, DIY Pumpkin Face Mask takes full advantage of autumn produce, and we highly suggest you take full advantage of its amazing facial benefits!
Pumpkins have way more beneficial qualities than just tasting good in a pie or a latte, but what exactly are those benefits?
- Vitamin A and Vitamin C help to soften and soothe your skin and boost collagen production to prevent the signs of aging.
- Fruit enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids found in pumpkins increase cell turnover, brightening and smoothing the skin.
- Zinc in pumpkin seeds is extremely beneficial for acne sufferers and will control hormone levels and oil production as well as assist in the healing of skin.
- Pumpkin seeds are high in essential fatty acids and Vitamin E, which are necessary to maintain good barrier function of the skin as well as regulate sebum which is good for oily skin.
So, time to break out the pumpkins and get some healthy, glowing skin!
- One tablespoon of cooked pumpkin
- One teaspoon of raw honey
- One teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- Mix everything together well
- Apply to a clean, dry face
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes
- Wash off with warm water and a soft cloth
- Pat dry
- Moisturize as normal