45 Ways to Pamper Yourself
You shouldn’t have to wait for a special occasion to receive the pampering you deserve!
We all find ways to bribe ourselves into doing things we don’t want to do. You can’t deny catching yourself thinking “as long as I work out five days in a row, I’ll treat myself to that delicious overpriced coffee I’ve been craving for so long,” and you can’t deny enjoying every last sip of it either. While it’s great to treat yourself to something when you think you most deserve it, and while it’s great when friends, family members, and significant others treat you to something unexpected for a special occasion, like your birthday, why do you have to wait until you “most deserve it?” We work hard everyday, so why not celebrate all the little, overlooked accomplishments with a treat more frequently than we’re used to? Whether you’ve achieved a long-term goal that you have been working toward for a while, are celebrating a special occasion, or simply had the most productive day ever, here are 45 Ways to Pamper Yourself, because, in the end, you truly do deserve it!
DO IT YOURSELF
- Turn off your cellphone, light a candle, and immerse yourself in a good book (enjoy reading it on a park bench if the weather is nice!)
- Throw a party honoring yourself! Pour your favorite drink, blast your favorite songs, and sing and dance around your entire apartment.
- Open a bottle of wine or champagne and drink the entire thing without sharing.
- Wake up early, drive to the beach, and watch the sunset wrapped in a cozy blanket.
- Take a nap when you feel run down and overworked.
- Find a tutorial online on how to make a facemask, whip it up, throw your hair in a bun, and relax in a robe while the mask nourishes your skin.
- Sleep in and don’t feel bad about it.
- Call out sick from work and spend the day doing whatever you want.
- Diffuse some essential oils.
- Spend the afternoon doing yoga and meditating.
- Brew your favorite cup of tea.
- Have dessert for dinner.
- Have a picnic for one and go all out – sparkling cider, cheese and crackers, fruit, and a big yummy sandwich.
- Start and finish an entire Netflix series in one day.
- Go for a walk or jog around your neighborhood but forget the headphones – enjoy the sounds of nature.
- Wear your hair natural for a week – no blowdrying or heated styling tools. Give your hair a rest from the constant damage it endures.
DISH OUT A LITTLE BIT OF CASH
- Get a mani/pedi and enjoy every second of that complimentary neck rub afterwards.
- Go to your favorite salon and get a blowout.
- Go to the local ice cream parlor and indulge in the biggest sundae they have to offer.
- Get a facial.
- Go to the florist and buy yourself a bouquet of flowers to brighten up your bedroom.
- Treat yourself to lunch at your favorite restaurant.
- Forget about your diet – order that sugar-filled, whipped cream topped Caramel Frappuccino you’ve been craving from Starbucks for weeks.
- Treat yourself to that top you’ve been checking out every time you pass it in the store window.
- Get a massage.
- Buy a book you’ve been itching to read.
- Take a class you’ve been wanting to try, such as a cooking class or painting class.
- Go to happy hour with your best friends.
- Buy a new comforter and new pillows for your bed.
- Get a haircut.
- Go out and buy fresh fruit and then make yourself the yummiest fruit salad or smoothie.
- Take yourself on a movie date to one of the theaters that have the comfortable reclining chairs.
TIME TO SPLURGE
- Spend a day at the spa and treat yourself to the works – a massage, facial, manicure, pedicure, and mud bath.
- Book a night at a fancy hotel. Order room service, pop a bottle of champagne, and spend the night watching a movie in their extremely fuzzy complimentary robes.
- Book that weekend getaway you’ve been spending your workdays daydreaming about.
- Get rid of your entire wardrobe and start fresh.
- Order those skin products you’ve been eyeing but couldn’t find it in you to splurge on – you should always pamper yourself when it comes to skincare.
- Get your makeup professionally done.
- Redo your room – new furniture, new curtains, and a fresh coat of paint.
- Splurge on that designer handbag you’ve had to repeatedly talk yourself out of buying.
- Spend a weekend with your best friends going on wine tours.
- Put a deposit down for a new apartment and say goodbye to your old, cramped space.
- Buy a new mattress – it’s amazing what wonders having a new mattress will bring.
- Give in and buy yourself a new furry companion – just remember a pet is a full time responsibility!
- Still using a flip phone? Buy a smart phone so you can always be engaged in the latest social media happenings.